Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Been to Hell lately?

Yesterday I received a call from the Senior Elder who, with his wife, is serving in the mission office. He said, "Elder Sorensen, have you been to Hell lately?"  I said, "yes, in fact in the past few weeks I have been there several times'.  (Hell is the town nearest the Trondheim airport). He said, "do you remember getting your picture taken in the tunnel on the way?"  "No, I don't"  "Well, you did and the letter I received today says you were caught doing 91 in an 80 km/hr zone."  He told me "you are probably the only High Priest in the church who got a ticket for speeding on your way to Hell."  Norway does not have highway patrol, just periodic cameras along the highway. But they are kind enough to place a picture of a camera on a sign post a few hundred yards before the camera, so you have a chance to slow down. Apparently, I missed that one at 5:30 in the morning.  Earlier this week, a parking ticket cost me 300 Kr. (~$50) so I can hardly wait to see what this one will be.

Hope your day is going better than mine. On the other side, we did have a nice visit tonight with a less active man and his non-member wife and 10 year old daughter.  

Love, 
mom and dad/Gerald and Nancy/Grandma and Grandpa/Nana and Granddad
 
From Ryan: Why in Hell were you going so fast?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!