Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Norway/US visit

1.7.10
Hi Sister and Elder Sorensen,

Ok, so I finally made it to Arizona after spending most of Monday at Gardermoen, standing in line at Newark for over 2 hours only to discover that I have to spend the entire night at the airport. One good thing came of it though, I didn't have to  go to Denver then Phoenix but straight from Newark to Phoenix. And also got to know a few other people who were having a blast at the airport. So, I have been here since Tuesday and I have already been to the hospital once. Great! But all is fine. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't called Alison yet but I'll do it to night or tomorrow. I might not be able to see her before after I get back from Utah, but I'll give her the stuff you sent with me and I'll get the sweaters for you, sister Sorensen. If there is anything you would like me to get for you, just let me know. I do get to bring two suitcases for 50 pounds each... Gotta like Continental for something...

Take care!Nadia



We are happy to hear that you are safely in AZ.  It has only been -23 here the past couple of days--I bet you wish you had some of this to share with your friends in AZ?  We missed you at FHE and Institute this week, but we know you were thinking about us as we were thinking about you (and wanting the weather you are having).  Sister Engebretsens mom is anxious to have you. I talk with her (chat online) occasionally and she asks about your plans.  Ask her to see the latest picture of Sis. E on a spark.
We will look forward to seeing you when you return. Do we need to meet you at the train or plane terminal?

love
Elder and Sister Sorensen

1.14.10  - alison's family has been sick for way too long - Lea had been home for a week with the flu - she missed the first round we had back in October.

Is Lea feeling better today?  Hopefully she is back to normal and enjoying school. Nadia is in UT now, so she should be contacting you when she returns to AZ next week. We are going to Oslo tomorrow for a zone conference. We fly out at 0720 and back at 1935 (7:30 p.m) so it makes a long day, but they are always good days. Here is how my day began today.
It turned out OK as we received packages from Kristin and Ryan and got a new tire.

love, 
mom and dad
She is feeling better and back at school today. She ate dinner last night - the first thing she had eaten since Sunday. She was still sluggish yesterday, but we went to her soccer practice and although not up for practice really wanted to just play. She did most of her homework from missing school and is doing better. Her stomach is still hurting, but I think it's mostly because she's hungry, but nervous to eat - doesn't want to throw up again.

Glad you got a new tire and fun packages. Have a safe trip to Oslo.

Love, alison

Wed 1.20.10
This week it is my turn to talk in church.  I have written my talk and now Dad is translating it.  I have to speak on church organization today--10 minutes and a limited vocabulary--a five minute talk that takes 10 minutes to give.
Hope you had a chance to meet up with Nadia this week.

Love
MOM
Alison:
We were able to meet up with Nadia at the home of Brother and Sister Chritiansen - they served a couple mission in Norway from 2004-2006. Brother Christiansen served with dad (back when) and dad was his first junior companion. They were companions for 5 months and were at church for the last Sunday together. Dad and Brother Christiansen were sitting on the stand and a woman in the back of the church collapsed. They rushed back to help her. Someone had gone to find an ambulance, but it was going to take 2 hours for it to arrive. So dad and Brother Christiansen took the woman in the back of a taxi to the hospital. She died on the way there in their arms. (I don't remember details from dad's story, this is all from Brother Christiansen, but I do remember hearing this a few times from dad.) He told us (Jeff and I), that he and dad wanted to stay and attend the funeral for this woman, but their mission president told them no and sometimes you just need to move on. He asked if dad had a better record of it in his journal as he didn't have all the details or wanted to see what dad remembered.

We sent a small package back with Nadia for mom and dad and enjoyed the candies she brought to us from Norway. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!