Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to......Kraig?? :)

Today I celebrated Kraig's birthday by taking a dip in the Trondheim fjord, since he was kind enough to ski for me on my birthday. Here are a couple of pictures of Terje Dorr and I preparing to dip into the fjord. I have posted video on our blogspot. Mom was the camera man and did a good job. Those who were with us in Norway in 2005 may recognize Terje, he was the man who helped us get set up for church in Trondheim and let us know when the cab was there to take us back to the boat.
Fun day!!!

 
 

I finally found someone who likes to get into cold water, so he invited my to join him today for a dip in the Trohdheim fjord at a location known as "sjobadet" (sea bath). We had to take a long walk (about 300 meters) from where we parked the car to where we entered the fjord, but finally arrived. I will post photos so you get a better idea of how it looks, but the water was COLD. Terje Dorr (the man I went with) said he thought the water was still at zero degrees centigrade. After getting in, I think I agree--it was colder than the Columbia. Anyway, now I can say I have been in a fjord.

A DIP IN TRONDHEIM FJORD-APRIL 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!