Thursday, April 1, 2010

Response to 'Coming Home'

I forwarded the responses I received - Dad may have received others to just him - these all replied to the group and were posted on Facebook.com
Jeff: I’m very impressed he was able to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes, when he acknowledged it was a joke in the same email.  Very well done.

steven: April Fools, right?
arlo:
I hope this is april fools. Arlo
kraig:
Was there a horse in the back seat too?  April Fool's?
ryan:
HAHA or you’ll wish you just broke your leg!!
    email #2 from Ryan: Oh, and Cheri’s pregnant

Kraig again: Are you sure it was your leg and not your humerus that got jostled around?

my cousin (bud's daughter:)
I sure got sucked in by this one.  Kudos to everyone who caught the joke sooner than I did!  Jim just pointed out the disclaimer at the bottom of the email.  Uncle Gerald -- you get the April Fool's crown!

Love,
Elise


from FB:

My dad, who is in Norway , just sent a note saying he broke his leg & has to come home. I didn't read the entire email, but quickly called him. The moment I heard his voice I realized it is already April Fools Day in Norway . He got me GOOD! - kristin

Me too - I about fell out of my chair running to the phone to call Jeff. In the back of my mind wondering if he managed to put a horse in my backyard too.....dad....sheesh. -alison

I think i stopped breathing for a second, then was going to help him break his leg....ryan
side note:
My dad's original email and I didn't scroll to the bottom. it's not uncommon for his emails to be one or two lines - why scroll!? ugh?! that'll teach us to pay attention. :) You got us all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!