Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finding things in Norway - is it worth it?!?

2.4.10
Someone told Nancy a few weeks ago that there was a store that sold Dr. Pepper, so we had to go look. There was a sign on the shelf that said, Dr. Pepper--but the shelf was empty. We went back a few other times and found the same result. Today there were actually cans of Dr. Pepper on the shelf. Nancy waited in the car while I went in to check. I bought 4 cans @ ~$4.00 per can. I told her that this may cause her to give up Dr. Pepper.
We had beautiful weather today--it got up to 0.5 on the plus side of the 0 mark. However the long range forecast is for another cold spell next week. We will be going to Mo I Rana next Saturday (13th), so hope it does not get real cold that week end.  Life here is good and we are meeting a lot of wonderful people. Hopefully we are helping some of them.  Sunday I will bless the youngest daughter (3 years) of a less active sister we have been visiting for a few months. She and her 4 children have been in church each of the past 3 weeks and she says she is committed to being here every week.

love, 
mom and dad/Gerald and Nancy/Grandma and grandpa
PS: I asked Jeff if he would be willing to pay $4/can for a Pepsi if he hadn't had one in 7 months - he was certain he wouldn't EVER pay $4 for a can of soda.....I'm not so sure he could resist. :) I couldn't! :)

From Gaye and Bud - currently serving as Temple President in the Ghana Temple
We relate - it is amazing what you pay for something you want - like $15.00 for 8 oz of. cream cheese to make a carrot cake, or 4 dollars a can for black beans???  Ithink I drive Bud crazy by talking about it is all just monopoly money.  Sometimes you hunger for something and are willing to pay unbelievably for it.  Things are so expensive, and some things unavailable, such as letttuce we can eat without getting sick, celery, good carrots, etc.  But we, too, love it here and are grateful to serve.  This week we have falen in love with wonderful people from Liberia - their children are a delight, giving me hugs and high fives whenever they see me.   Love,  Gaye

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!